As the State’s largest student video competition, Youth Xchange continues to grow. Last year’s record breaking 804 entries was quite an accomplishment, but even more inspiring was the ever increasing quality of the entries themselves. With the encouragement of dedicated teachers, students’ creativity and focus on issues of concern is simply amazing.
Aloha Teachers, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hope your New Year is off to a great start.
Here at `Ōlelo, we are filled with anticipation as we prepare to receive your students’ 2015 Youth Xchange Student Video Competition entries as early as February 1, 2015.
Entry forms will be posted on our Youth Xchange webpage (www.olelo.org/YXC) by January 23, 2015. The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 3, 2015.
As a friendly reminder, please note that 1) entries over sixty (60) seconds in length must include an end slate, 2) do not include black (neither at the beginning nor end) as it is not required, and 3) MP4 is the preferred file format for submissions.
On behalf of `Ōlelo and our Youth Xchange Program partners and sponsors, I wish to ‘thank’ you and your students for being part of the 2015 Youth Xchange Student Video Competition. Good luck!
- Be A Jerk (1 minute maximum)
- Creating Peace(3-to-5 minute maximum)
- Forest Health in Hawaii(3-to-5 minute maximum)
- Malama Aina(1 minute maximum)
- Meth Not Even Once(30 seconds up to five minute maximum)
- Start Living Healthy(30 seconds up to five minute maximum)
- Taking Assessments Seriously(30 seconds maximum)
- The Value of Water(30 seconds maximum)
- Traffic Safety(30 seconds up to 5 minute maximum)
- Animation (5 minute maximum)
- Mini Documentary(10 minute maximum)
- News (2 minute maximum)
- PSA (30 seconds maximum)
- Short (5 minute maximum)
Expert (10 minute maximum)
Junior Expert (10 minute maximum)
Mahalo to our Sponsors!
- Sony Hawaii
- First Hawaiian Bank
- Ko Olina Resorts
- Star Advertiser
- Sheraton Waikiki