Public Service Announcements (PSAs) are created via ‘Ōlelo’s PSAs for NPOs. This service offers O’ahu’s 501(c)3, non-profit organizations a quick and easy way to create simple video messages at no cost. Script a short message that shares info about your organization’s mission, services, or impact, and then email us to schedule a recording session at one of our Community Media Centers.
Schedules and locations for recording vary, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the next available recording time.
It’s easy to participate:
- Designate a spokesperson from your O’ahu 501(c)3 organization
- Develop a thirty or sixty second message about your organization*
- Please ensure your message is evergreen (without dates) and does not promote commercial activity, fundraising or request donations.
- Email us a copy of your organization’s logo or bring it on a flash drive. Please make sure the logo is a high resolution graphic with .jpeg, png, tiff or .gif extensions.
- Write a tagline or brief slogan of your group’s mission (This is optional; see below for a sample).
- We will add your spokesperson’s name, the organization’s name and contact information. Please bring a business card.
- The background will be black; please don’t wear white, black or small busy patterns.
- A teleprompter will not be available, so memorization and practice is key (don’t worry – you’ll have a few chances to get it right).
- One PSA per organization per year.
- Complete this form and email it along with your organization’s logo to email@example.com to schedule a recording session at a CMC near you.
*It’s ok if your message is not exactly thirty or sixty seconds, but the shorter the better for the PSA format.
‘Ōlelo will air your message on all of its channels and we’ll email you a copy for your use. We will also identify the PSA as a service of ‘Ōlelo Community Media.